Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Identify User, Copy/Paste Login Info. to File on C:\

One way:

I have a routine that can write whatever you want to an external (csv)
file. Look for "Spreadsheet Logging to CSV file" he

http://codeforexcelandoutlook.com/excel.html

HTH,
JP

On Apr 1, 2:02 pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
I originally posted this a few days ago and got only one response, which
although helpful, didn't allow me to do what I was hoping to do. I'm
wondering if there is a way to create a private sub to identify someone who
has opened a spreadsheet, by the windows login ID, and also get the time and
date that the spreadsheet was opened. I'd like to copy/paste this information
to a Word document (or a text file), which could be located on the C-drive.
Ideally, I'd like to create a running log of all instances of users opening
the spreadsheet, so the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. users would have to be appended
to the Word document so that the original time stamps were not overwritten.