Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ALEX ALEX is offline

Default Pick multiple items from list box

I was getting an error that cell was not defined so I Dim Cell As Range. Now
the code just let's users pick one choice. Should I Dim Cell as something
else?

"Joel" wrote:

see if this code helps

Dim rngDV As Range
Dim oldVal As String
Dim newVal As String

For Each cell In Target
On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo exitHandler

If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler

If Intersect(cell, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Application.EnableEvents = False
newVal = cell.Value
Application.Undo
oldVal = cell.Value
cell.Value = newVal
If cell.Column = 6 Or 21 Or 22 Then
If oldVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
If newVal = "" Then
'do nothing
Else
cell.Value = oldVal _
& ";# " & newVal
Next cell
exitHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

"Alex" wrote:

I have list boxes in several columns in my worksheet. I want users to be
allowed to pick multiple choices from the list boxes in columns 6, 20 & 21.
The code below is allowing users to pick multiple choices from ALL the list
boxes. Can I modify this code to only allow it in columns 6, 20 & 21?
Thanks.

Dim rngDV As Range
Dim oldVal As String
Dim newVal As String
If Target.Count 1 Then GoTo exitHandler

On Error Resume Next
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
On Error GoTo exitHandler

If rngDV Is Nothing Then GoTo exitHandler

If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
'do nothing
Else
Application.EnableEvents = False
newVal = Target.Value