Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Type of Sheet displayed Type of Sheet displayed is offline

Default Interfacing Excel to a Web Browser?

Cory,

Unfortunately, I wasn't provided that option. The web app has long since
been completed and they don't wish to open up their services to programmatic
updates nor can I connect to their backend database. Nothing like having all
bridges burned. Nonetheless, I am now looking to see if it is possible for
me to interface Excel directly to a web app through it's web browser
interface. So that the web app knows not nor cares if it is a person or my
Excel app. Any other method isn't open to me as there is no API nor web
services directly available. So my choices are so few.

Sincerely,

Bryan

" wrote:

On Mar 28, 9:15 am, Type of Sheet displayed
wrote:
I have been tasked with a rather daunting task of interfacing an Excel
dictator application to a web based application where the web based
application has no API, provides no Web Services, etc. I looked through the
programming group but didn't find much regarding this. Has anyone ever
interfaced Excel to a web application via the browser? Seems like it should
be viable.

Thanks a million in advance,

Bryan44

I don't know if I'm following you, but are you asking if it's possible
to "speak" to Excel from the web app? If so, I would think you could
just use the Excel API in the web app rather than connect to the web
app from Excel.

Thanks,
Cory