Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Gordon[_2_] Les Gordon[_2_] is offline

Default redimensioning arrays in subroutines

Hi Alan

I meant what would happen if you redimensioned a variant as an array of a
definite size and then, later, in the programme had to redimension it again?
Would it be OK because it was a variant or would the first redim make it an
array and therefore the second redim would be starting from an array and
wouldn't be allowed.

Regards
--
Les Gordon

"Alan Beban" wrote:

Les Gordon wrote:
Thanks Alan

Sadly Rick's example shows otherwise.

???Rick's example shows what otherwise???
My testing also showed this and I went
away and made a simplified example of my problem which also worked. So it is
only my unsimplified version that is being perverse.

Under your scenario what do you think should happen if you redim a variant a
second time.

I don't understand the question. Do you mean change the upper bound of
the last dimension? The lower bound? Change it up or down? Try to change
a dimension other than the last? All while preserving the values?

Alan Beban