Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1612_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1612_] is offline

Default hide micros so you cant see password ? .

You really should never store a password as text in any file (they tend to
be readable with simple text viewers); rather, you should use a one-way
encryption scheme (store the encrypted password, on entry by a user, encrypt
his/her entry and check that against the stored encrypted password)... try
Google'ing "hash encryption" to get some idea of this technique.

Rick

"Donald E" wrote in message
I like to hide my micros and lock them down so you can not change them.