Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Harbin Jeff Harbin is offline

Default Changing External Data Location Link in MSQuery

Thanks. This certainly seems to do exactly what I need. I'll try it
first thing in the morning.

Ron Coderre wrote:
Try the free Pivot Play PLUS add-in, located at
Debra Dalgleish's website:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlayPLUS01.html

It allows you to view/edit the Data Source and SQL code
for Pivot Tables and Query Tables that use external data sources.

Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Jeff Harbin" wrote in message
I have a fairly complex workbook that I used on a regular basis. The first
thing it does is get a data extraction from an ACCESS database that is
located on a different computer over the LAN using MSQuery.

Recently, my IT department swapped out the computer that stored the ACCESS
database with a different computer (new name, new IP address, etc.). So
now even though the database structure is the same it's stored on a new
machine.

How can I change the location that the link uses to retrieve the data.