Earl Kiosterud

JSP,

You're close. But I was hoping no one would start spreading that method
around. You can protect the workbook (not the sheet) to prevent your method
from being used within the workbook at the worksheets level (copying to
another sheet). For file-level work (your example -- copying to another
file), you can disallow deleting the file with your network or operating
system permissions.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"JSP" wrote in message
When I protect a workbook so that users cannot modify it without knowing
the
password, what prevents the user from doing the following:
1. Open the workbook in read-only mode (I do want others to be able to
read
the workbook).
2. Select save as and give the file a new name.
3. Delete the original (password protected) workbook.
4. Rename the new (unprotected workbook) to the name of the original
workbook.
5. Edit the workbook and then save the changes.