Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel automation: Why my code is hijacked?

I just have a question on why you're using a reference at all.

Since you're using createobject/getobject, it looks as though you could stick
with that late binding approach.

Jack wrote:

Problem solved.
Just removed the reference, saved the project, restarted the project and
added again the same reference.
Any thoughts on that?
Jack

"Jack" <replyto@it wrote in message
Hello,
I have this routine to disconnect from Excel:

Public Sub XLDisconnectFromExcel()
If Not moExcelWS Is Nothing Then Set moExcelWS = Nothing
If Not moExcelApp Is Nothing Then Set moExcelApp = Nothing
End Sub

When the second line of that code is executed and moExcelApp is "Microsoft
Excel" then that line of code is executed properly (Excel.exe is process
terminated in Task Manager) but the code execution never returns after
that line. It just dissapears and subsequently not any other code is
executed.
What can be wrong?

To connect to Excel I use this code:
Set moExcelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
If moExcelApp Is Nothing Then
Set moExcelApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
End If

Jack

--

Dave Peterson