Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Worksheet Delete method's dialog box

So you are deleting a sheet through code. When the code executes the user
confirmation dialog shows and the user decides whether to delete the sheet or
not.

After this is complete why not just check for the existence of the sheet
with a function something like this...

Public Function SheetExists(SName As String, _
Optional ByVal Wb As Workbook) As Boolean
'Chip Pearson
On Error Resume Next
If Wb Is Nothing Then Set Wb = ThisWorkbook
SheetExists = CBool(Len(Wb.Sheets(SName).Name))
End Function
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"xlmaven" wrote:

The Microsoft documentation states that the delete method for a
worksheet object issues a boolean False if a user clicks Cancel on the
dialog box that gets generated warning that data may be lost if the
worksheet is deleted. How can the return value from this dialog box
be examined in VBA? I get compile errors when I try examine
worksheetname.Delete directly.