Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default last row of a non-contiguous selection

Like you, I wish the solution was simpler, but ....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Stefi" wrote in message
Thanks, Ron and Tom, Ron's approach worked, but Tom's formulae work only
with
contiguous ranges (Selection.Rows.Count doesn't return the correct No of
cells in a non-contiguous range).
I thought there is a simpler way than looping through the range one by
one.

Regards,
Stefi

"Ron Coderre" ezt írta:

Since you could have more than one area selected,
and the last area selected may be above one of
the other areas...

Try something like this:

Sub LastSelRow()
Dim rArea As Range
Dim iBullpen
Dim iLastSelRow As Single

For Each rArea In Selection.Areas
iBullpen = rArea.Row + rArea.Rows.Count - 1
If iBullpen iLastSelRow Then
iLastSelRow = iBullpen
End If
Next rArea
MsgBox iLastSelRow
End Sub

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Stefi" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a one column wide non-contiguous selection. I want to determine
the
row No of the last cell in the selection (the highest row No in the
selection).
How can I do that?

Thanks,
Stefi