Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default vlookup

Hello:

In one tab of a spreadsheet, I have two columns. Column A contains my
VLOOKUP formula. Column B contains Inventory item numbers. This tab is
called "Sales".

The other tab of my spreadsheet is called "Items". This tab, also, contains
two columns. Column A contains item numbers found within column B of the
"Sales" tab.

Column B of the "Items" tab contains the former names of these item numbers
(the prior-used names).

I want the VLOOKUP of the "Sales" tab to place into column A of the "Sales"
tab the item numbers of column B of the "Items" tab. The formula that I have
in column A of the "Sales" tab is not working:
=VLOOKUP(B2,Items!$A$2:$B$220,2,FALSE)

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s