Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WinPro WinPro is offline

Default Move data based on data type

As soon the number only row ends and a mixed (text, numeric) row begins

Thank you

"Joel" wrote:

How do you know when a record set ends? Is there a blank row. is the data
always three rows?

Have you tried on the wroksheet menu "data - Text to Columns" to seperate
data into columns.

"WinPro" wrote:

Howdy!

I am trying to organize a spreadsheet which originated out of a PDF report.
I cleaned the headers and pagecount etc. and now have the data stacked in
colum A of sheet1. Now the challenge is to loop through the rows and move
data onto sheet2.
Data in sheet1 might be 2 or 3 rows which contains name and address
information (Numeric and Text) followed by a unknow number of rows containing
numbers (Numeric only). This would be one record set till it again starts
with Numeric and Text values.
I would like to move (or copy) a record set onto one row of a sheet2, each
row found from sheet1 as new colum but same row in sheet2.

I know there is a way, but my knowledge of macros is still bound to
recording :(