Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default AutoFilter Blue Arrow

The worksheet needs at least one formula because the colouring occurs
when there's a calculation on the worksheet.

In the sample file, there are formulas in the last column of the table,
so the TODAY formula can be removed.

If you use the code in a different sheet, with no other formulas, add a
formula like the TODAY example, to ensure that the colouring is applied
when the filter changes.

Dermot wrote:
I found an article he

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Filter

Article
FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings -- Event code colours the filtered column
headings, when an AutoFilter is applied. FilterColour.zip 9 kb 15-Apr-05

The contact infromation suggests that any questions should be posted in an
MS forum...if I have misunderstood, sorry in advance.

Question
What is the purpose of the TODAY() formula in the FilterColour.download.
The comment box explains that if the Auto Filter is switched oof, a
calculation is performed, but I don't see what it's purpose is...if I delete
it the cels still change to yellow. What might I be overlooking?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures