Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1

Hi Steve

This will work:

ActiveCell.Formula = "=if(d9=k9," & Chr$(34) & "ok" & Chr$(34) & ",d9-
k9)"

2nd formula should be entered the same way.

Regards,

Per

On 28 Mar., 00:44, SteveDB1
wrote:
hi all.

I'm writing a macro that enters a formula or text values into a group of
cells (if I've stated that wrong, sorry).

I have 2 different elements that I want to enter.

1st is an IF equation-- =if(d9=k9,"ok",d9-k9)
I've found that I'm not able to insert the " " for my true response, as it
calls a "compile error."

Is there a means by which I can reduce the amount of editing once the cell's
contents are entered by the macro? I.e., I'd like to just have it input the
equation, so that I don't need to add the two double quotes once the macro is
complete. Or, if there is something else that will do the same thing as the
two quotes around my true response, I'll do that. Ideas?

2nd is a sumproduct equation --
=sumproduct((ShtNm!CellRangeA&""=$A9&"")*(ShtNm!Ce llRangeB=$C9)*(ShtNm!Cell*RangeC))

I can enter everything here EXCEPT the two double quotes in the first array.
Again, it gives me the compile error. Another option? Again, the idea is to
minimize the amount of typing I have to do once the macro is complete.

Thanks for the responses.
Best to all.