Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dmsc33 dmsc33 is offline

Default Excel4v behaving differently in Excel2007...

I have a 10+ year old add-in (still using Excel4v) that is fairly
complex.
Everything seems to work fine in Excel2007 except for a piece of logic
that
asks for the last cell in a sheet -

Excel4v(xlcSelectLastCell, &xRes, 0);
Excel4v(xlFree, 0, 1, xRes);
Excel4v(xlfActiveCell &xRes. 0);
returned xRes is of type error where in previous versions of Excel it
was a range

note that the error is returned only when this logic is executing
after
using xlcSelect (anchor column) then xlcInsert to insert a new
column. If I
haven't inserted a new column then the xlfActiveCell in the logic
above does
give me a valid range.

any ideas why my insert is messing with my last cell?

Thanks!

-- Danielle