Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Thomas Lutz Thomas Lutz is offline

Default Barcodes & stocktake

There is an Excel "inventory" example spreadsheet that you can
download from the following web page:

http://www.taltech.com/freesoftware/Inventory.htm

The file that you download is an Excel workbook that contains a
special VBA coded "lookup" function that will search down column A in
the workbook looking for a number that you can enter either with a bar
code scanner or on the keyboard and if it finds a match, it will
highlight the row containing the matching number and allow you to
increment or decrement a quantity value. You should be able
to use it to do exactly what you want to do.

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:58:03 -0700, carrieann
wrote:

G'day - I have been able to export a stock list from MYOB Retail Basics into
an excel spreadsheet. What I wish to do is scan stock items and have the
spreadsheet find the item in the stock list then I would manually add the
amount of stock in another column for stocktaking purposes. Can this be done
with just excel software?