Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default What can inhibit an event handler?

That's it! I had interrupted an original macro to do some debugging and
forgot that it never ran all the way to reset the switch.

Thanks, OssieMac.
--
Al C

"OssieMac" wrote:

Just a thought. You haven't run a macro with Application.Enable.Events =
false and then not turned the events back on again with
Application.Enable.Events = true?

OssieMac

"Al" wrote:

XL2003 on XP
In one instance of Excel, I had two files open and then opened a third file
that has a macro that should fire on workbook_open. For some reason, this
macro did not run. I closed the third file and tried this twice more with no
success. In a second instance of Excel I opened this file and the macro
fired.

I know that if I had a macro running (or stopped for some reason) and I
opened the third file, I would not expect its workbook_open event handler to
run. I know that wasnt the case here. Does anyone know of anything else
that could cause this to happen? Its not a show stopper, but it certainly
has me puzzled.

--
Al C