Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Dependent dropdown query - hiding items selected in prior column

Maybe the sample file here will help a bit mo

Under Data Validation, look for 'DV0047 - Hide Previously Used Items in
Dependent Lists'

Juliet wrote:
Background: I'm creating a reporting sheet in excel for an exercise research
trial. The report will show the type of exercise used in each session, and
any progressions. Multiple progressions are relevant to each exercise, and
the programme deliverer may need to record one or more progressions for each
exercise used. (I've set this out in columns of exercise, progression 1,
progression 2...). To reduce human error while reporting when multiple
progressions have been used in a single session, I would like to be able to
hide items already selected in the previous column.

I've got as far as creating dropdown lists based on the selection made in
the prior column (using INDIFFERENT in the data validation source box) which
is working well. I've had a long browse through this forum (including using
combo boxes instead of data validation, and
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html), but I'm struggling to adapt it
successfully to hide previously selected items.

All thoughts welcome, and my apologies if this has been asked and answered
elsewhere and I've overlooked it,

many thanks for your assistance

Juliet

--