Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default create shortcut but not for active workbook

Forgive me I am nursing a cold at the moment so I might be missing something
here... Have you tried creating the shortcut just prior to the savecopyas...

CreateShortCut thisworkbook

ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "C:\maykent\stocksheet\LAST WEEK stocksheet.xls"

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"pswanie" wrote:

the people that use the computers from time to time delete any and everything
from the desktop. thus what i need is that once a week when the code runs.

1. check and if neede recreate folder
2.. it save and over right a copy (got that)
3. recreate short cut (need that)

but when i use the undermentiond part i get a short cut that points to the
wrong file...

the macro gets run from StockSheet.xls
and save a copy as Previous Week StockSheet.xls
in folder c:\maykent\stocksheets

CreateShortCut thisworkbook