Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Date sensitive workbook.

I bet you wanted IssueDate to be a date:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim IssueDate as Date
IssueDate = dateserial(2008,1,31)
If Date = IssueDate + 90 Then
MsgBox "Refresh Is Due!", , "Advisory"

JLGWhiz wrote:

There might be a better way, but you could use the Workbook_Open event to
check the current date and if it is three months from the issue date then
flash a message box.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
IssueDate = 1/31/2008
If Date = IssueDate + 90 Then
MsgBox "Refresh Is Due!", , "Advisory"

If will check each time the file is opened but will not show the message box
until the 90 day period is reached or exceeded.

"eighthman11" wrote:

Hello everyone:
I have a spreadsheet which needs to be refreshed with current data
periodically. This spreadsheet is used by people at remote sites that
are not connected to our companies data. So I email them the raw data
and they import this data to the spreadsheet through VB code.

Now for the question. Is there a way I can create a timed event that
will force the user to refresh the data and if they do not in the time
period it makes the spreadsheet disabled. I would like for them to
refresh the data every three months. Would also like to give them a
warning message that they need to do a refresh before the spreadsheet
actually becomes disabled.

Is this possible are a pretty crazy idea? Any help and or examples
appreciated. Thanks Ray: ps using Excel 2000 on XP

--

Dave Peterson