Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eighthman11 eighthman11 is offline

Default Date sensitive workbook.

Hello everyone:
I have a spreadsheet which needs to be refreshed with current data
periodically. This spreadsheet is used by people at remote sites that
are not connected to our companies data. So I email them the raw data
and they import this data to the spreadsheet through VB code.

Now for the question. Is there a way I can create a timed event that
will force the user to refresh the data and if they do not in the time
period it makes the spreadsheet disabled. I would like for them to
refresh the data every three months. Would also like to give them a
warning message that they need to do a refresh before the spreadsheet
actually becomes disabled.

Is this possible are a pretty crazy idea? Any help and or examples
appreciated. Thanks Ray: ps using Excel 2000 on XP