Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Any way to be notified if someone else is in the same sheet?

Check the features and functions of SharePoint, I am pretty sure you can do
all you want from there. You might need to get your IS department to set it
up if you are on a business network.

Nigel

"JoAnn" wrote in message
We have a spreadsheet used by multiple people from within MS Sharepoint.

1st ... I'm looking for a way to generate a message that tells the user
that
someone else is in the spreadsheet as soon as they open it. My current
plan
is to tell them it's in use & to enter their data then use File Send to
send it to me for later posting.

All files automatically appear with a "READ ONLY" indicator when we open
them from within Sharepoint, so I can't rely on that as an indicator.

2nd ... I would ultimately like to create some kind of temporary
collection/storage sheet or form that allows users to enter their
information
& save it individually until it can be merged with the real spreadsheet.

Preferably something that can be accessed by multiple users & generate
individual docs/sheets -- like Word users clicking a template & generating
an
individual doc off the template instead of the template itself.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do either of these things? I've
written
some macros & created user forms in Word but nothing in Excel yet.

Thanks for your help!

--
JoAnn