Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Risky Dave Risky Dave is offline

Default XL Charts to Word

Hi,

I am looking to build a macro that will do the following from a single
button click in XL 2003:

1) Open a predefined Word document that I am using as a template;
2) Copy a selected chart to a specified cell within a table in the document;
2) Repeat for several charts to several different cells in Word.

The Word document is actually an A3 page containing a single 3x3 table. I
want to paste (as pictures) 5 different charts to 5 of these cells. The
charts are already generated within the source workbook on different sheets.

I can copy a given chart to a single cell (chosen by where the cursor is) in
an already open document (thanks Jon Peltier), but how do I:

1) Open the Word document from XL (the name and network path are known and
will always be the same;
2) Move the cursor between cells in Word so that I can paste the next chart
in;
3) Move between XL and Word files within a macro - I can do this between
different XL workbooks using Windows(nnn).Activate, is there something
similar between applications?

If someone can solve these for me, I'm reasonably happy that I can sort the
rest of it out.

TIA Dave