Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Workbook.Save that also updates XL version?

Thanks, Bernie. That's probably how I'll have to go. I want to SaveAs
an Excel 2003 file - what FileFormat do I use for that? I tried
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.FileFormat and got -4143??

Ed

On Mar 24, 3:04*pm, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org
wrote:
Ed,

The Save method defaults to the current application's workbook version.

You could use:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.FullName, FileFormat:=xlExcel4Workbook

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ed from AZ" wrote in ...

A database query program outputs as an Excel 3/4 version file. *When I
open in Excel, make any changes and save the file, I get the dialog
asking if I want to save in the latest version (I have XL 2003 on my
machine). *I'm creating a macro to do most of the changes I normally
make to these files. *Is there anything I can add to the Workbook.Save
at the end of ther routine to tell Excel to update the version? *Or am
I stuck clicking OK every time I run this macro? *(I thought of
SavesAs, but I don't want a new file - I just want this one saved.)

Ed- Hide quoted text -