Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Lower right cell address in a selected range - Excel 2007

That looks good to me...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MSweetG222" wrote:

Jim,

Thank you. Your info help.

Here is what I wrote. It accounts for filtered and hidden rows/columns.
Have I written it properly or could it be improved upon?

Dim i As Long
i = Selection.Areas.Count
MsgBox Selection.Areas(i).Item(Selection.Areas(i).CountLa rge).Address

--
Thank you for your help.

MSweetG222

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Try this...

With Selection.Cells
MsgBox .Item(.CountLarge).Address
End With

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MSweetG222" wrote:

Jim,

I received an overflow error with your code.
Thanks for responding.

--
Thank you for your help.

MSweetG222

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

This should do it for you...

With Selection.Cells
MsgBox .Item(.Count).Address
End With
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MSweetG222" wrote:

I am trying to determine the cell address of the cell in the lower right
corner of the selected range. I tried the code from David McRitchie's
website (modified slightly, I changed code from denoted address on the
spreadsheet to displaying address in a msgbox). The code works okay in Excel
2003, but when selecting a larger region in Excel 2007, I receive an overflow
issue.

Assume the range selected is A:FFF

Sub MarkSepAreas()
'David McRitchie 1999-06-03 Mark cells with cell address and
'area number. Enhanced based on Alan Beban code 1999-06-03.
'Documented with Join()
'in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim i As Long, j As Long
For i = 1 To Selection.Areas.Count
For j = 1 To Selection.Areas(i).Count
x = Selection.Areas(i)(j).AddressLocal(0, 0)
MsgBox x
Next
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True