Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Denys[_3_] Denys[_3_] is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT ???

Good day everyone,

Having a problem with a formula.... I would like to know how many
times during a month a user entered GIC in Column C. In column A only
dates are entered and they are the dates the peson entered the data.
Column A , B, C,D,E & F have all the same length.

My problem is that if someone enterered GIC twice the same day, it
must only count for one as I want to know how many days during the
month this person worked on the GIC task.

The column A name is ZN and the column C name is ZN1.... Here's my
formula so far...

=SUM(IF(COUNTIF(ZN,ZN)=0,"",1/
COUNTIF(ZN,ZN))*(MONTH(ZN)=ROW(G11)*(ZN1="GIC")))

validated with Ctrl-Shift-Enter....

G1 is for January... until G12 for December

G11 gives me an answer of 3.4 where the answer should be 3....

Is there a way to ease the calculation?

I have spent a few hours now and I am getting discouraged...

Date Task SubTask
Volume Time

2007/11/06 Correction GIC
91 6:00
2007/11/07 Maintenance GIC
3 0:15
2007/11/07 Correction GIC
78 0:45
2007/11/08 Other Goals/Coaching 1
0:30
2007/11/08 Correction TIS Balancing 85
6:30
2007/11/09 Other Huddle
1 0:30
2007/11/09 Correction Follow up
1 0:15
2007/11/30 Other GIC
1 0:20
2007/11/30 Investigation TIS Balancing 3
1:30
2007/12/03 Other TIS Balancing
1 0:30
2007/12/03 Other Unplanned tasks 1