Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mike mike is offline

Default Problems passing parameters to OFFSET, probably a simple fix for theexperienced Excel programer

Excel 2003 (11.8211.8202) SP3
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service pack 2
New to Excell programming.

I wrote a function that allows me to pass in a row and column to be
used to access a table.
When I run the code the two variables 'r' & 'c' have the correct
values r1 = 1 and c1 = 1 but the OFFSET operation always evaluates to
r1= 0 and c1 = 0.

I even tried hardcoding r1 and c1 but they seem to evaluate to 0,0
even though the debugger indicates they are have the correct values
r1 = 1 and c1 = 1...

I am thinking that the syntax is wrong for passing in the parameters
for row and column into the OFFSET function,
Any help would be greatly appreciated. - mike

Function GET_WEIGHT(row, column)
Dim r1 As Long 'Variant
Dim c1 As Long

r1 = 1 'hardcoded
c1 = 1 'hardcoded

GET_WEIGHT = [=OFFSET(CRITERIA_WEIGHT_TABLE_2, 2, 2, 1, 1)]
GET_WEIGHT = [=OFFSET(CRITERIA_WEIGHT_TABLE_2, r1, c1, 1, 1)]
End Function