Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GTVT06 GTVT06 is offline

Default Creating new sheet named one week newer that active sheet

On Mar 24, 3:58*pm, davegb wrote:
I have a weekly status spreadsheet. Each week, I create a new sheet
with Monday's date on it. Then put in the necessary fields and
formatting. I'm writing a macro to do this (talk about lazy!). If I
have a sheet named "Mar 17", how can I use that to create a sheet
named "Mar 24". I already copied the sheet name into a cell, and XL
recognized it as a date, so I could just copy the name, paste it to a
cell, add 7, then use that as the name for the new sheet. But is there
a more direct way of doing this?
Thanks in advance.

Run this macro with the sheet activated that you want to add 7 days

Sub NewSheet()
Dim i As Variant
Dim idate As Date
idate = ActiveSheet.Name