Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] andland@gmail.com is offline

Default Opening Excel files with VBA

I am trying to open an excel file online, but I think that it requires
Java programming to do so. I want to go to
http://www.powertochoose.org/_conten...e/compare.aspx then put
in zip code 77028 and then download the excel file on the next page. I
have figured out how to put in the zip code and get to the next page,
but not how to download the excel file (there is a link on the bottom
right of the screen). Here is what I have:

Sub AutomateIE()
Dim ie As InternetExplorer
Dim MyStr As String

Set ie = New InternetExplorer

ie.Navigate "http://www.powertochoose.org/_content/_compare/
compare.aspx"
ie.Visible = True
'Loop unitl ie page is fully loaded
Do Until ie.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop

ie.Document.getelementbyid("txtZipCode").Value = "77028"

ie.Document.getelementbyid("cmdSearchZip").Click
Do Until ie.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop
Application.Wait TimeSerial(Hour(Now()), Minute(Now()),
Second(Now()) + 2)
ie.Document.getelementbyid("lnkExportOffers").Clic k
Set ie = Nothing
End Sub