Bob Phillips

As an example, sum them

=SUM(IF(rng0,rng))

as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP

"aaronwexler" wrote in message
Thanks it looks like that might help on the color issue if I can make

heads
and tails of it. Do you have any info on how to do the same thing but

with
possitive or negative number. For example I want to write a function that
will only take into account the possitive or negative numbers in a range

of
cells.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Take a look he

http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

In article ,
"aaronwexler" wrote:

I have a question about how to write a formula to include specific

info in a
range of cells. I have a range of cells I want to include in a

formula but I
want the formula to only include the values that I have colored

Yellow. I
could select each yellow one by hand but I want this formula to work

for data
I continue to add in the future which is way I want to have a large

selection
of cells. So for example if I want the sum of all the yellow values

in this
range =SUM(C2:E65536) how could I write the formula to do that?

I would also like to write a formula that would count only the

negative
numbers. For example in the range =COUNT(C2:E65536) how could I write

the
formula to only include the negative or possitive numbers?

Thanks Aaron