Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lochmant lochmant is offline

Default Change sheet name based on cell value from another sheet tab

Why don't you put the change on the menu page instead of each change... this
will need more error trapping etc but a start...

'Declare global var for the sheet name
Dim strName As String

On Error Resume Next
Sheets(strName).Name = Target.Value

strName = Target.Value
End Sub

"JDaywalt" wrote:

I have a "menu" page in a workbook that contains a table of numeric values 1
to 15 that represent the default sheet tab names in this workbook. I want
the user to have the option of changing this list of values to a more
meaningful text description, then have the corresponding sheet tab names
change automatically.

Currently I have this VB code built into each of the 15 worksheets:

ActiveSheet.Name = Sheets("Xref").Range("D11").Value
End Sub

This code only works if I go to each tab afterwards & make some other type
of change. Clearly I am missing something here. Can someone help?