Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Anant.Basant@gmail.com is offline

Default Find & Replace Dash

On Mar 24, 7:46*pm, aria wrote:
I have a macro that finds and replaces "-" with text ("REP") in a particular
column (in this example, C). *My worksheet looks like this:
A * * * B * * * C
abc * *123 * *abc
- * * * *321 * *-
abc * *456 * *-
a-c * * 654 * *-

The macro works fine except for rows that happen to also have a dash in
column A. *Maybe my macro isn't specifying column C exactly? *I used the
Record Macro option...
Sub ReplaceDash()
* * Columns("I:I").Select
* * Range("I7").Activate
* * Selection.Replace What:="-", Replacement:="REP", LookAt:=xlPart, _
* * * * SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
* * * * ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

Could someone please shed some light? *Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Do you want to replace dash in column A also?

Anant