Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Aria Aria is offline

Default Find & Replace Dash

I have a macro that finds and replaces "-" with text ("REP") in a particular
column (in this example, C). My worksheet looks like this:
A B C
abc 123 abc
- 321 -
abc 456 -
a-c 654 -

The macro works fine except for rows that happen to also have a dash in
column A. Maybe my macro isn't specifying column C exactly? I used the
Record Macro option...
Sub ReplaceDash()
Columns("I:I").Select
Range("I7").Activate
Selection.Replace What:="-", Replacement:="REP", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

Could someone please shed some light? Thanks in advance!