Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default SeriesCollection Object Issue

If the SeriesCollection Object on the chart has all values contained
within
it as "#N/A", then the object effectively becomes invisible from the code

In what way. What object effectively becomes invisible. If you mean the
series, sure it's not immediately visible to the user but it can be selected
(arrow keys), and not invisible from the code.

Note, Chart Object isn't
the same object as the ChartObject Object

Are you talking about something like this

set chtObj = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1)
Set cht = chtObj.Chart

I just tried various ways to reference the series, its values, and source
without any problem, even if all values in the series are #N/A, and then
assigning a new source range for the series.

Regards,
Peter T

"Ronald R. Dodge, Jr." wrote in message
If the SeriesCollection Object on the chart has all values contained

within
it as "#N/A", then the object effectively becomes invisible from the code
and when attempting to set the values to it again via code, it errors out

as
the code can't see the object on the Chart Object (Note, Chart Object

isn't
the same object as the ChartObject Object).

However, on the spreadsheet side, one can clearly go into the DataSource

of
the chart and see it there. What needs to be done to get this issue
resolved as I must still be able to print out the charts, even if at least
one of the series contains all "#N/A" values, which is needed for
interpolated charts to work properly.

For the time being, I'm having to do this manually, and I don't like that
idea.

--
Thanks,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.