Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cheryl & Mike Arsenault Cheryl & Mike Arsenault is offline

Default Can't pass a ListBox as a ListBox - must be a Variant??

"Per Jessen" wrote in message
Hi

You have to use the named arguments:

Private Sub POLines_Change()
Call UpdateTransferButton(lb:=POLines, b:=AddPSLines)
End Sub

or

Private Sub POLines_Change()
UpdateTransferButton lb:=POLines, b:=AddPSLines

Per

"Cheryl & Mike Arsenault" skrev i meddelelsen
Please have a look at the 2 subs below

Private Sub POLines_Change()
UpdateTransferButton POLines, AddPSLines
End Sub

Private Sub UpdateTransferButton(ByRef lb As ListBox, ByRef b As
CommandButton)
Dim index As Integer
For index = 0 To lb.ListCount - 1
If lb.Selected(index) Then
b.Enabled = True
Exit Sub
End If
Next
b.Enabled = False
End Sub

From the first subroutine, I'm trying to call the second one, which takes
as parameters a ListBox and a CommandButton. I'm getting a runtime error
on the call form the first subroutine indicating that I have type
mismatch. Can someone tell me why??

When I change the 2 parameters to Variants, everything is OK.

Why can't I pass a ListBox as a ListBox and same with a CommandButton

Thanks
Mike

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that with no effect - still get Type
Mismatch!!

Mike