Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Ivey[_2_] Mark Ivey[_2_] is offline

Default Excel VBA Step into

Just a few thoughts...

Excel macros are sequential code. They have to execute in the sequence you
have set forth.

When I need to do what you are wanting to do, I single click the left pane
on the line of code just before the code line I want to step into. This
should put a maroon circle on the left side pane and highlight that line of
code in maroon as well. This sets a stop point for your macro. You can
launch the macro and it will stop at this point and wait for you to give it
further instructions (ie - continue to step through the remainder of your
code with "F8", or something like that).

Mark

"DaveM" wrote in message
Hi

I have a large macro with 100's of lines of code, sometimes I need to run
half of the code. I stepin the macro then have to drag the yellow arrow
100's of lines down, Is the a way to start the code somewhere in the
middle without draging the arrow down all those lines. I've looked in Help
& Googled, Is there a way?

Thanks in advance

Dave