Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Glenn Buchanan[_2_] Glenn Buchanan[_2_] is offline

Default Format Column to display leading zeros.

Thanks to all who replied to my post.
After experimenting I found Peter's suggestion worked the best for my
variable length data.
Thanks again.
Glenn.

"Peter T" wrote:

as text -

rng.NumberFormat = "@"

Regards,
Peter T

"Glenn Buchanan" <Glenn wrote in message
Using an external program with a language very similar to VB I have a

script
that uses CreateObject to create a new workbook and fill with data. All

well
and good. I have one column that is filled mostly with numbers where I

need
to see any leading zeros.
How would I format this column before filling it? Changing the format

after
the data is entered results in missing leading zeros.
With xl
.ActiveSheet.Columns("F:F").NumberFormat = ?

Regards,
Glenn