Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?

One more -

Have you actually tried to install your Excel 95 on Vista. If not why not
give it a go, ignore all warnings. FWIW, although I haven't installed XL'95
I have installed one or two other very old both W3.1 & W95 app's in Vista,
no problems despite the warnings.

One thing though, before attempting to do that, fully uninstall any other
versions of Excel as they should always be installed in order of oldest
first. Also don't install into a default "Office" folder but say into
"Office95"

Regards,
Peter T

wrote in message
For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on
a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista.

Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95
(ie Version 7) ) ? If ncessary, partition it and install Windows XP
first ? Will this degrade system performance ?

The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly to me..

Thanks all _

Charles