Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nils Titley Nils Titley is offline

Default Formating problem

That makes good sense but can't I just change the format for a column which
would apply to all inputs. I have 13 columns I am using 1 date, 3 times, 7
integers and 2 that need the 1 decimal.

In you replay what does ("x99") actually tell the range?

Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Are you plopping the value into a cell on a worksheet?

If yes, then make sure you change the numberformat of the cell:

with activesheet.range("x99")
.numberformat = "0.0"
.value = Format((BeatMetersTotal(MyNum) / BinTotal(MyNum)), "0.0")
End with

If you're not doing putting the value in a cell, then I think you'll have to
explain more.

Nils Titley wrote:

I am using the following

Now
A) Format((BeatMetersTotal(MyNum) / BinTotal(MyNum)), "0.0")
Previously
B) Format((BeatMetersTotal(MyNum) / BinTotal(MyNum)), "0.00")

I want my output to show one decimal place. I get the following with the
above format: A) 2 B) 1.98. How do I force it so I get what I want. I am
using the same data to generate the same report.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson