Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nils Titley Nils Titley is offline

Default Adding date to file name when saving and over writing a existi

Dave

Thank works but the time looks weired. I had trouble recognizing it. Can't
I make it look more like time? Say 12:11:30 ? There must be a better way?

Thanks for your help.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

NewName = "C:\temp\lift logger report\Lift Logger Process Report " _
& Format(now, "yyyymmdd_hhmmss") & ".xls"

Notice that the code uses Now instead of Date.

I like the yyyymmdd_hhmmss format (descending order of units of time). But you
could change it to what you like.

Nils Titley wrote:

Dave

The date is working well but now I want to add time to the file. I thought
I could do this but it doesn't like it. What do I have to do, please?

NewName = "C:\temp\lift logger report\Lift Logger Process Report " _
& Format(Date, "ddmmyy") & Time & ".xls"

Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It was a stupid typo.

I meant this:

wbnew.saveas filename:=newname, fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal

(I like being specific.)

Nils Titley wrote:

Dave,

wbnew.saveas filename:=newname, fileformat:=newname

It worked if I removed the " ,fileformat:=newname". What is that doing and
why won't it work with it?

Thanks

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Dim NewName as string
NewName = "C:\temp\lift logger\lift logger process " _
& format(date, "mmddyy") & ".xls"

application.displayalerts = false
wbnew.saveas filename:=newname, fileformat:=newname
application.displayalerts = true

========
If you didn't know the name of the workbook, you could strip the .xls (and
mmddyy if you had it), too.

Nils Titley wrote:

I want to add a date at end of the file name. How do I do that?

Also I want to over write a file if it exist at this location but I don't
want a box to pop up.

Dim WBNew As Workbook

WBNew.SaveAs "C:\Temp\Lift Logger\Lift Logger Process.xls"

Look like this: Lift Logger Process 031908.xls

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--