Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Macro Button and Closing Excel

I presume you are opening the LiftLogger workbook and not making any changes.
if so, I'd suggest you open the workbook as ReadOnly within your code.
When you close it, you won't get these messages.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Nils Titley" wrote:

I created a Macro Button that I placed in the standard group of buttons and I
assoicated a Macro with it. Later I started Excel with a blank workbook. I
pushed the new macro button and the macro worked. It also opened the excel
workbook (Lift Logger) where the macro is stored. When I went to close the
Lift Logger workbook, I was asked, "Do you want to save the changes you made
to 'Lift Logger.xls'?

Well I did not make any changes to Lift Logger.xls? But more importantly,
1) Is there a way to surpress the opening of the Lift Logger.xls when I run
the macro in this manner? 2) Can I surpress the close message box?

If both or one are true, how and where do I put the code. It must be in the
macro some place. Please be aware that I am displaying some msgboxs in my
macro.

Thanks for your help.