Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NateBuckley NateBuckley is offline

Default Remove the X button from a user form? Api?

Hello,

Thank you for the speedy reply, your solution is most appreciated.

I agree that it would be interesting to see if anyone has found a way to
remove the 'X' completely, however your code gets the job done, so I'm
thankful :)

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not aware of a way to remove it and will be interested to see if you get
a response but you can disable it. Right click on the userform, view code and
paste this in:-

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
If CloseMode = vbFormControlMenu Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "That button doesn't work"

Mike

"NateBuckley" wrote:

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone can help me with the following question:

I have multiple user forms for which on some I wish to remove the X button
at the top that closes the form. I'm guessing I'll have to use the windows
API for this? I've only just started learning the fundementals of Windows API
Calls, and thus I'm a little stuck.

I'm just wondering what I would have to do, to do this, my user form's name
is "frm_Mod_Gen_CEmp"

Thanks in advance for any help.