Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pwrichcreek pwrichcreek is offline

Default #VALUE! from Function()...Posted in Excel General Questions by

I didn't get a solution from either forum where I posted this message. I
found the error to be in using a RETURN statement instead of an EXIT
statement where I wanted an immediate return from the function, rather than
letting the funtion exit dy default at the END FUNCTION statement.

Kindof suprised that the compiler did not flag the RETURN statement, which
apparently is not a legal VBA statement.

"pwrichcreek" wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

The code is shown in detail in the other forum. As I said "If you are
interested, please go to Excel General Questions and view the entire post
there."

Perhaps I should not worry about duplicating the entire post here? Some
forums get really upset over that.

"PCLIVE" wrote:

What's your formula (function)?

--

"pwrichcreek" wrote in message
I meant to post this question here, but accidentally ended up posting it in
the Excel General Questions forum. Rather than re-post the entire message
here, I'll summarize the question here. If you are interested, please go
Excel General Questions and view the entire post there.

I've written a function() that validates the interrelationship
between 3 cells. When I run the function with all 3 cells empty, I get the
#VALUE! error. Can anyone spot what's triggering
the #VALUE! error, or suggest further debugging ideas?