Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Graham[_2_] Graham[_2_] is offline

Default Check totals in range

What I am trying to do is very dfficult to explan so apologies if I
ramble a bit trying to give clarity. The ranges in question will take
the format as below

NJ/44724/64506 3.37 SB 3.00
NJ/44724/64506 3.37 TGRS 0.37
NJ/44765/65200 16.24 UCL 8.00
NJ/44765/65200 16.24 SB 8.00
NJ/44765/65200 16.24 WBS 0.24
NJ/44880/64631 6.57 SAAP-A 4.00
NJ/44880/64631 6.57 TGRS 2.57
NJ/44957/65040 6.64 TGRS 6.64
NJ/44982/64520 3.04 TGRS 3.00
NJ/44982/64520 3.04 RGR 0.04
NJ/45223/64964 3.47 SB 3.47
NJ/45224/65138 7.96 SB 7.00
NJ/45224/65138 7.96 AGRI 0.50
NJ/45224/65138 7.96 RGR 0.46
NJ/45345/64767 4.61 PGRS 4.61
NJ/45427/64929 8.95 SB 8.00
NJ/45427/64929 8.95 RGR 0.55
NJ/45427/64929 8.95 AGRI 0.40
NJ/40494/40551 3.28 TGRS 3.28

Column A is a list of field locations, some of which you will see are
duplicated and column B is the total area of these fields , again
duplicated.
The columns to the right of these break down these total areas into
component parts eg the field with an area of 16.24 is broken down into 3
areas, 8.00 and 0.24 in Column E and 8.00 in Column G. These last three
figures are entered by the user. What is important is to check that
these 3 entries add up to the total field area of 16.24. The entries
will always be in column E and /or column G. What I want to do is after
all the entries are made is to run a procedure which will run down the
range and check that the entries for each field match the total area,
then insert a conditional formting to highlight the offending field in
colour. The randomness of the duplicates is throwing me where there are
sometimes one field total, sometimes 2, 3 etc depending on the breakdown
of the total area. I hope this is understandable and I would value any
guidance.

Kind Regards,
Graham
Turriff