Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAPTGNVR[_2_] CAPTGNVR[_2_] is offline

Default Cant get to fill using plus handle to fill serial number-WHY

DEAR ALL

Two cells are highlighted with a1 =1 and a2=2. I see the plus handle and I
drag it to a50. Instead of putting the serial number - all cells a1 to a50
shows value 1.

using Excel 97.

Pls note that only in this worksheet I do not get that edit-fill "series"
option and feel this is the reason for cells a1 to a50 becoming value1. but
other worksheets are ok and the "series" option does get highlighted and
putting serial numbers no problem.

So what could be done to highlight the 'series' option or can u sugest some
VB??