Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bmcferron bmcferron is offline

Default construction estimating

I currently have an "archaic" estimating program that we designed in Excel
for our construction estimating (mostly roofing). We had been looking at a
program called Computool (www.computool.com) but it's not going to be ready
until July 2008. I was wondering what the difficulty was in designing
something that was more user friendly than ours and also having some kind of
integration between different departments...a program that could be accessed
securely and updated online. I'd be willing to email a copy of our current
estimating program if needed.

The program Computool has exactly what we're looking for but it's going to
take awhile and it costs quite a bit.

Any suggestions at all would be great.