Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default seriescollection(name) not working in excel 2007

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:50:14 -0700 (PDT), bucweat wrote:

Hi,

I've got some VBA code running in some VBScript classes that works in
Excel 2000 and 2003 (or excel versions 9 and 11) that identifies a
series object in the following way (assume taht oMyChart points to a
valid chart object):

set oSeries = oMyChart.SeriesCollection("MyChartSeries")
msgbox oSeries.name

I know that "MyChartSeries" is a valid series name as the following
code tells me (works in 2000,2003,2007):

for each oSeries in oMyChart.SeriesCollection
msgbox oSeries.Name
next

Is there something wrong with the way SeriesCollection works on 2007?
I can't believe there is something I'm doing wrong here as it does
work in the other versions just fine (famous last words I know...). I
can not find any examples on the net where a name is used for index.

Signed, "In VBA hell..."

I don't know much about chart objects, but this seems to work in 2007, with one
embedded chart on Sheet1

======================
Option Explicit
Sub foo()
Dim oSeries As SeriesCollection
Dim oMychart As Chart
Dim oC As Object
Set oMychart = Worksheets("sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Chart
Set oSeries = oMychart.SeriesCollection

For Each oC In oSeries
Debug.Print oC.Name
Next oC