Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default How do I count the number of times a particular word is used?

Have you tried using the COUNTIF function?
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"markythesk8erboi" wrote:

My question is in column (B) I have many different names of companies and
there are also blank cells. I want to know if I can have a count of how many
times each name has appeared into a seperate worksheet. For example: B1 = ABC
Co.

B2 = Fish inc.

B3 = ABC Co.
So in sheet number 4 I want a list that says something like ABC Co. 2,

Fish inc. 1.
Please remember also that there are MANY different names but only about a
dozen that I want for this count.