Dave Peterson

Put something in that last column.

Select the last column
edit|goto|special|select blanks
type
=""
hit ctrl-enter

Now you have something in those cells, so each line will get the commas.

Geri wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that's 625 rows x 11 columns the first 4 columns are
populated in all rows. The problem is that the remaining 7 columns have no
data in them but need to be imported by another program showing a "null" in
those columns.

Try as I might, Excel will only put commas at the ends of the first 16
records after which it ceases to do this. We get the message that Excel "may
contain features that are not compatible with CSV". When the file gets to
the other end, needless to say, it's pretty much useless. How do I get Excel
to recognize all the cells, regardless?
--
Geri Smith

--