FSt1

hi,
try this but be warned. it will slow things down a little. this code runs
when ever you change cells. this is a worksheets change event so put the code
in the worksheet that you want to use it on.

Dim rng As Range
Dim rng2 As Range

Set rng = Range("A1:S1") 'set the title row. expand or decrease if needed
Set rng2 = Range("T1:IV1") 'sets row not part of title

Range("A2:IV5000").Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
'expand the above range if you need to
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36 ' colors row yellow
rng.Interior.ColorIndex = 15 'colors title row gray
rng2.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'no color for non title row
section
Range("T2:IV5000").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'clears color from non
data cells

End Sub

regards
FSt1
"Richard" wrote:

Does Excel have a way of highlighting whatever cell I am in. Particularly
with spreadsheets with lots of data, it would be easier on my eyes if what
ever cell I am currently in is somehow highlighted and when I deselect it
goes back to normal. It would be even better if the entire row and column
would highlight. Please let me know if this is a function that is available
on Excel. thanks